DIGITAL MEDIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT (Position in Athens)
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens seeks a Digital and Social Media Assistant, resident in Athens, Greece. The successful candidate will assist in all media production promoting the activities of the School to audiences in Greece and Europe, the United States and Canada, and across the globe. The Digital Media Assistant will assist the Digital Media Specialist & Webmaster in the preparation, production, editing and dissemination of media content shared through multiple channels of communication used by the School, such as, its website, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), video sharing platforms and the press. The successful candidate will be working with the Digital Media Specialist & Webmaster and with the Director of Communications of the School in developing and improving the School’s social media outreach by writing content, implementing and evaluating strategies to engage, enlarge and target audiences as well as integrating social media with the School’s overall communication strategy. Excellent skills in writing and interviewing as well as demonstrated expertise in production of digital and social media content are necessary. Fluency in English is required and preferably in Modern Greek as well.
Digital and Social Media Assistant should possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated advanced ability to use social media platforms and related tools
- Proven ability to create interesting and relevant written and visual content related to institutional communication goals
- Proven skills in photography and videography
- Ability to utilize analytical tools to target audiences
- Ability to represent our institution, its programs and members
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Flexible in traveling
Applications including a letter of intent, a resume, and the names and contact information of at least two references, must be submitted on or before August 5, 2021 to email@example.com
The ASCSA is an EO/AA employer. The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.
Database Manager (Position in Princeton)
The Database Manager provides high quality administrative and clerical support to the Development team and supports the Director of Finance and Administration occasionally in administrative functions. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director. The Database Manager should have excellent communication skills, tremendous attention to detail, and self-motivation, and should be a forward-thinking and independent person who works well alone and as part of a team.
- Provide administrative support to the development department and to the Princeton office as a whole, as needed.
- Utilize fundraising database Raiser's Edge, including data-entry, running reports and queries.
- Support donor relations through indirect means (mailings, emails, phone calls, etc.).
- Conduct outreach and follow-up, including scheduling meetings.
- Assist with planning and organizing programs and events, both nationally and regionally.
- Identify and conduct research on high net worth prospective donors.
- Provide monthly gift reports to key stakeholders throughout organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong administrative support skills
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across organizational lines
- Self-motivated, adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing work
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strength in building and maintaining relationships
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Other duties as assigned
- Raiser’s Edge experience is highly desirable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume on or before August 13, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ASCSA is an EO/AA employer. The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.
Director of the ASCSA Summer Session, Gertrude Smith Professor (traditional six-week course): One position
There will be a call for applications for the summer 2023 Gertrude Smith Professor for the ASCSA Summer Session in late summer/early fall 2021. Applications will close in January 2022.
Check back for more information in late summer.
Internships in Non-Profit Administration
Short term unpaid internships are available throughout the year in the School’s U.S. office in Princeton, NJ. Internships will focus on non-profit administration and fundraising, and interns will assist staff with the various duties of managing an overseas educational and research center.
Internship Description: Hands-on experience in learning business practices for an education-based not for profit. Organization and daily communication with applicants, members, and committees using virtual workspaces, online applications, and surveys. Management and promotion of academic and fellowship programs. Website programming. Database maintenance of constituency records. Research and reporting.
Qualifications: The School is seeking advanced undergraduates or recent graduates with a major or degree in a field related to the School’s academic areas, such as classics, ancient history, art history, archaeology, Modern Greek studies, marketing or communications. An interest in pursuing a career in non-profit administration, development or marketing is desirable. Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, are required.
Term: Available for a School term (fall, winter or spring), summer, or full year.
Application Procedure: Please send resume and cover letter to American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 6-8 Charlton Street, Princeton, NJ 08540 or email to email@example.com with “Internship Application” in the subject line.