Research Permits

According to the policy of The Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports and the rules adopted by the Managing Committee of the American School, all American scholars who wish to study or perform scientific analysis of objects in Greek museums, storerooms and sites should request that appropriate application for permission be made to the Greek Archaeological Service on their behalf by the American School. Requests are submitted to the Assistant to the Director all year.

Please note that for submitting permit requests, the applicant must first become a member of the School and they will be charged a minimum of one month worth of membership fees

Research permits fall under the following categories:

1. Permits to study and/or publish objects
2. Permits for analysis of archaeological material