Fellowships and Research Associate Appointments
The Malcolm H. Wiener Laboratory for Archaeological Science provides funding for scholars pursuing interdisciplinary research on archaeological questions pertaining to the ancient Greek world and adjacent areas. Three different types of Fellowship funding are offered, Post-Doctoral (3 year), Pre-Doctoral (2 year term), and a thematic one (to be anounced in due course), as well as shorter duration, more focused Research Associate positions. Applicants are welcome from any college or university worldwide.
Priority will be given to question-driven research projects that address substantive problems through the application of interdisciplinary methods in the archaeological sciences. Laboratory facilities are especially well equipped to support the study of human skeletal biology, archaeobiological remains (faunal and botanical), environmental studies, and geoarchaeology (particularly studies in human-landscape interactions and the study of site formation processes). Research projects utilizing other archaeological scientific approaches are also eligible for consideration, depending on the strength of the questions asked and the suitability of the plan for access to other equipment or resources not available on site.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship [Link to more information] Download bulletin
- Current competition begins in the fall of 2016 for the 2017-2020 academic years (January 15, 2017 deadline for applications)
- Three (3) year term
- Eligibility limited to individuals who have received their PhD within the last seven (7) years.
- Stipend: $35,000 per annum
Pre-Doctoral Fellowship [Link to more information] Download bulletin
- Current competition begins in fall of 2016 for the 2017-2019 academic years (January 15, 2017 deadline for applications)
- Two (2) year term
- Eligibility limited to individuals actively enrolled in a graduate program who have passed all qualifying exams and have an approved PhD proposal.
- Stipend: $20,000 per annum
Research Associate [Link to more information] Download bulletin
- Current competition begins in fall of 2016 for the 2017-2018 academic year (January 15 deadline for applications)
- Term variable, up to 9 months
- Eligibility limited to individuals actively enrolled in a graduate program and individuals with a higher-level degree in a relevant discipline.
- Stipend: variable up to $7,000